The Youth Ministry at SPSA is a vibrant, growing, active part of our life as a faith community. With over 15 youth ages 11 to 19 active in this ministry, we always have tons of things to do. All youth in grades 6th to 12th are invited to participate in our ministry.
Most Sundays at 1:00 pm, the YOUTH meet for lunch (provided by the parents), and then have some fellowship time before going to their respective older and younger youth Bible study groups. After we study the Bible, relate the stories to our daily lives, and have lots of fun, we come back together to say good bye for the day.
The YOUTH also have lock-ins every other month, an annual retreat, an annual Youth Sunday, a work/mission trip every other year, help with our Tutoring Program on Wednesday, bake wonderful cookies for our guests, collaborate with the women’s shelter, help with the nursery and Sunday school, and are active in every single part of the life of SPSA.
Some of the regular programs for YOUTH at SPSA are:
- Open Youth Room on Wendesday from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. When the young people can come into the youth room to study, play guitar, hang out with friendsâ€¦
- Youth Group on Sundays from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm for fellowship, lunch, and Bible study.
- Lock-ins, one in the fall and one in the spring.
- Heritage of Pride March NYC the last Sunday of June, celebrating our openness to all of God’s children
- Work/Mission trip every other year.
- Youth Group on Sundays from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm for fellowship, lunch, and Bible study.Lock-ins, one in the fall and one in the spring.Heritage of Pride March NYC the last Sunday of June, celebrating our openness to all of God’s children.Work/Mission trip every other year.