From the company that created THE CHURCH OF WHY NOT:
Theatre 167 Presents the World Premiere of MOURNING SUN by Antu Yacob. Directed by Ari Laura Kreith.
At 14, Biftu and Abdi listen to American pop music and fantasize about meeting Michael Jackson. But then Biftu is forced into an arranged marriage and their dreams are destroyed. Set in Ethiopia and New York, this explosive new play explores trauma and recovery, dislocation and identity, and the power of human connection.
Nov 6-Dec 6. Thursdays at 7, Fridays & Saturdays at 8, Sundays at 7 (no performances on Thanksgiving Weekend).
Starring Arlene Chico-Lugo*, Shamsuddin Abdul-Hamid, Charles Everett, Fadoua Hanine, Kevis Hillocks, John P. Keller*, and Antu Yacob*. (*appearing courtesy AEA)
“an incredibly provocative and moving love story, heart-wrenching and humorous”
- Admission Price: $18/$16 for seniors and students
- Running time: approximately 2 hours with intermission
- Rating: Not for children. There is some mature content. Recommended for ages 17+.
- For more information see: http://www.theatre167.org/mourning-sun.html
- For online box office, go to: https://www.artful.ly/theatre-167 or call (646) 568-5167
- The Church of St. Paul and St. Andrew takes no responsibility for the contents of this production.